3 Simple Steps
Your Meydan Free Zone business setup journey explained in three (3) simple steps
Get in touch with us to receive a customized quote for your company formation
Other Free Zones you may be interested in
Here are a few recommendations based on your interest
- Free zone based in Dubai
- Up to 3 shareholders
- Professional, commercial, and industrial license
- Free zone based in Sharjah
- Up to 50 shareholders
- Service, trading, light-industrial, and freelancer license
- Free zone based in Fujairah
- Up to 5 shareholders
- Commercial, freelancer, and other types of licenses
- Free zone based in Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 50 shareholders
- E-commerce, professional, media, and other types of licenses
Here is the timeline for establishing a Meydan Free Zone company
Day 1 – Application submission
You will sign and submit your application.
Day 2 – Reservation of company name
We reserve the name of your company with Meydan Free Zone.
Day 3 – Submission to Meydan Free Zone
We submit the filled application along with all the signed documents.
Day 6 to 8 – Business license issued by Meydan FZ
The business license for your company gets issued. We will send you a scanned copy to start your business activity.
About Meydan Free Zone
The Meydan Free Zone (“Meydan FZ”) is situated in a strategic location in the Emirate of Dubai. With its flourishing, centrally located economic community, Meydan FZ offers entrepreneurs with a multitude of opportunities to expand their business internationally.
Meydan FZ is determined to “create an enabling environment for success” for businesses of all scale and sizes looking to shift and grow in the commercially dynamic city of Dubai. The list of benefits that this Free Zone offers is on par with the best Free Zones in the UAE.
The Benefits of Establishing Your Business in Meydan Free Zone
Meydan FZ offers economical pricing packages, simple formation procedures and minimum requirements for entrepreneurs who wish to set up a company in the UAE. Due to its central location in Dubai, Meydan FZ is definitely considered to be an ideal location for entrepreneurs to enter the UAE business market and expand their businesses internationally.
The benefits of a Meydan FZ company formation do not stop there! They also include:
- 100% foreign ownership.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- 0% corporate or personal income tax.
- 0% import or re-export duties.
- No minimum paid up capital requirement.
- Company documents issued within a day after getting the security and government approvals.
- Office facilities open round the clock.
- Companies are privy to exclusive specials on food and beverage facilities such as the fully equipped Business Centre, and luxurious hotel accommodations at the 5-star Meydan Hotel.
- Easy bank account set up.
- More than 1500 business activities to choose from.
- Engage in businesses outside of UAE.
- Safe and regulated business environment.
- Shareholders are not required to be physically present in the UAE for Meydan FZ company formation.
- Various visa and non-visa packages available.
- World class vibrant community.
- Just 15 minutes from the Dubai International Airport.
Meydan Free Zone License and Companies
Meydan free zone offers a wide variety of activities including specific/general trading, investment, consultancy, service-related and professional activities which is all clubbed together under the single umbrella of a “Business License”
Meydan FZ allows a combination of up to three (3) activity groups in a single license at no additional cost.
This free zone makes it convenient for entrepreneurs by ensuring the issuance of the business licenses in three to five (3-5) working days, ensuring quick registration of the company.
The business set up packages offered by Meydan FZ are cost-effective and economical. They aim to create an enabling environment for entrepreneurs. Meydan FZ offers access to a unique and vibrant business community that inspires growth through innovation and collaboration with regular networking events. Entrepreneurs can obtain the business license and register their companies from anywhere in the world.
Meydan FZ permits the incorporation of different types of companies given below:
Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC)
- Single or multiple shareholders.
- Shareholder can be natural person(s) (individual) or legal person(s) (company).
- Can be a trade and/or service-related activity.
- Liability is limited and extends only to the amount invested in the company.
- Any company set up outside of Meydan FZ can form a “Branch/Representative Office” as long as it is a legal entity of its parent company.
- Business activity must be a service-related activity (E.g: marketing, consulting).
- International branches cannot conduct trading activity unless set up as a limited liability company.
The Steps to Set up a Meydan FZ Company
Setting up a free zone company with Meydan FZ is as simple as one-two-three. You can start off by placing the order on our website by selecting the package which suits you the best based on your specific requirements. InZone offers multiple packages for all license types, including commercial and professional company license.
The process for setting up a Meydan FZ company:
Step 1: Select a package and place the order on the website.
Step 2: Submit the requisite documents for the application.
Step 3: We finalize and submit the application to Meydan FZ. The license will be issued by Meydan FZ in three to five (3-5) working days.
The Activity Groups Offered by Meydan Free Zone
Meydan FZ offers over 1500 activities under their various activity groups. Please note that the below-mentioned list is non-exhaustive.
Advertising: This activity group includes advertising, specialized design activities, photographic activities, creative arts & entertainment activities.
Education & Training: These activity groups include education from pre-primary to secondary and higher education, educational support activities, sports coaching activities, recreational sports educational activities.
Financial: This is a prominent activity group which includes financial service activities (except insurance & pension funding activities), tax consultancy, accounting, book-keeping, auditing activities, and monetary intermediation.
Holding: This is a highly sought-after activity group which comprises of activities of holding companies. Tax benefits and ease of administration makes this activity group an attraction for a host of investors.
Human Resources: This activity group includes activities in relation with HR. It encompasses employment placement agencies, temporary employment agency activities, and other human resources provisional activities.
Infrastructure: The activities in this group encompasses construction of buildings, construction of roads & railways, construction of utility projects, construction of other civil engineering projects, demolition, installation of industrial machinery and equipment and other specialized construction activities.
Legal: This activity group is suitable for legal consultancy firms as it includes a license for Legal activities.
Logistics: This includes inland water transport, other land transport, warehousing, storage, support activities for transportation, and postal and courier activities.
Management: This is a wide activity group consisting of management consultancy activities, leasing of intellectual property & similar products (except copyrighted works), other reservation service & related activities, office administrative and support activities, activities of call centres, and business support service activities.
Real Estate: This activity group includes real estate activities with own or leased property, and activities pertaining to real estate on a fee or contract basis.
The Steps to Obtain a UAE Residence Visa Through a Meydan Free Zone Company
Step 1: If you have opted for the license with visa entitlement, we shall apply for an immigration card once the business license is issued by Meydan FZ. The immigration card will be issued within two to three (2-3) working days after the application is made.
Step 2: We prepare the visa application and submit it to MFZ with certain documents such as the immigration card number and a copy of the passport. The UAE e-visa will be issued within three to five (3-5) working days after the application is made.
Step 3: Once the e-visa is issued, the visa holder will have to travel to the UAE to take the medical test and apply for the Emirates ID.
The documents required for the medical test and Emirates ID are as follows:
- Original passport of the visa holder.
- Copy of the e-visa issued by Meydan FZ.
- Three passport sized photos of shareholder(s) with white background (shoulders and head showing, coloured, white background, dark clothing, no jewellery, eyewear, no teeth).
- Business license of the company.
- Immigration card.
Step 4: Once the medical result is issued, the visa holder can proceed with the Emirates ID biometrics.
Step 5: The following documents must be submitted for the visa stamping and Emirates ID process:
- Original passport of the visa holder.
- Nine (9) passport sized photos of shareholder(s) with white background (shoulders and head showing, coloured, white background, dark clothing, no jewellery, eyewear, no teeth).
- Copy of e-visa issued by the free zone.
- Copy of change status confirmation (if applicable)
- Copy of stamped medical test result.
- Copy of stamped Emirates ID application.
- Copy of business license of the company.
- Copy of immigration card.
Once the original documents mentioned above have been submitted to Meydan FZ, the visa will be stamped within one to two (1 – 2) working days. Consequently, once the visa has been stamped, the Emirates ID will be issued after ten (10) days.
InZone provides comprehensive assistance to its clients for the company formation with Meydan FZ as well as the issuance of the residence visas to shareholder(s) and employee(s).
Documents Required for Company Formation in Meydan Free Zone
- Passport copy
- Passport sized photo (digital)
- Residence visa copy (if applicable)
- Emirates ID copy (if applicable)
- Notarized Certificate of Incorporation
- Notarized Certificate of Incumbency or equivalent (issued within the last 3 months)
- Notarized Memorandum of Association
- Notarized Board Resolution
These are the key features of Meydan Free Zone
|Meydan Free Zone||Meydan Free Zone is the one of the most thriving commercial free zones in the UAE.|
|Type of Company||Limited Liability Company in free zone with minimum of one (1) shareholder, Branch/Representative office.|
|100% Ownership||Meydan Free Zone guarantees 100% foreign ownership.|
|Taxes||MFZ companies are exempt from all corporate taxes in the United Arab Emirates.|
|Filing requirements||There are no filing, accounting or reporting requirements MFZ companies.|
|Manager/Person in charge||A person in charge is required to be appointed for each company.|
|Time zone||Strategic world time zone: GMT+4|
|Paid up capital requirement||MFZ companies require no minimum paid up capital.|